Prevention Action Alliance offers several programs designed to assist healthy communities in the prevention of substance misuse and the promotion of mental health wellness.
Each of our programs is based on a solid foundation of research and evidence proven to effect change and prevent drug use in your community by changing community norms around drugs, reducing the access and availability of those drugs, addressing media messages that promote drug use, and creating or strengthening policies and enforcing those policies to reduce drug use.
We all have a role to play in prevention, whether you’re:
- A parent looking for tips on how to talk to your kids about drugs.
- A friend concerned about someone’s gambling.
- A college health professional aiming to reduce risky binge drinking.
- A coalition volunteer or staff member preventing underage drinking in your community.
- A prevention provider promoting responsible gambling practices among young adults.
In addition to our list of programs below, we also connect Ohio’s community coalitions, youth-led prevention providers, colleges and universities, and families impacted by addiction and overdose with each other through our networks. Head over to the Connect page to learn more about our networks.
If you’re looking for a training or event that we’re hosting, check out our Events page.