Botvin LifeSkills Training (LST) is a research-validated substance misuse prevention program proven to reduce the risks of alcohol, tobacco, drug misuse, and violence by targeting the major social and psychological factors that promote the initiation of substance use and other risky behaviors. This comprehensive and exciting program provides adolescents and young teens with the confidence and skills necessary to successfully handle challenging situations.
Rather than merely teaching information about the dangers of drug misuse, Botvin LifeSkills Training promotes healthy alternatives to risky behavior through activities designed to:
– Teach students the necessary skills to resist social (peer) pressures to smoke, drink, and use drugs
– Help students to develop greater self-esteem and self-confidence
– Enable students to effectively cope with anxiety
– Increase their knowledge of the immediate consequences of substance misuse
– Enhance cognitive and behavioral competency to reduce and prevent a variety of health risk behaviors