This event has been canceled. Please see our statement below.
Due to the outbreak of COVID-19, also known as coronavirus, we’re canceling all our spring events. Here are some things you need to know about upcoming events. We have canceled most of our planned spring events in their original design. We are creatively designing alternative formats for some of the events, so check our website, email communications, and social media for updates and new resources that we are creating for you.
At this time, the following events have been canceled:
- Advanced Ethics
- Problem Gambling 101 & Prevention Ethics
- The G.A.P. Network Regional Summit – Southeast (Zanesville)
- Statewide Prevention Coalition Association meeting
- We Are The Majority Rally
- The Statewide Prevention Coalition Association Annual Meeting
- The Ohio College Initiative Annual Luncheon
- The Ohio College Initiative Presidents Luncheon
- The G.A.P. Network Regional Summit – Northeast (Akron)
We’re still taking registrations for all other events.
We apologize for this inconvenience, and we thank you for your understanding and patience. As a nonprofit dedicated to the prevention of substance misuse, we place a high value on public health and safety.
If you have any questions, please feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 614.540.9985. We will regularly share information on our website, in emails, and on social media as it becomes available.
If you’d like general information about COVID-19, we recommend consulting with your local health departments, calling Ohio’s COVID-19 hotline at 1.833.427.5634, and visiting these websites:
Original content is below.
Every day accidental drug overdose claims 14 Ohioans, and those reeling from the loss of a loved one often don’t know what to do with their grief.
The G.A.P. Network (Grief to Advocacy for Prevention) connects grieving families to resources and builds communication channels across Ohio to support advocacy, education, and prevention.
The G.A.P. Network Regional Summit was created to honor the lives lost to this epidemic of overdoses, help you become more resilient, and work through your grief. We will help you find your voice to help you speak on behalf of your loved ones and advocate for prevention.
The summit will:
- Address grief, and how to best cope with it.
- Address stigma associated with substance misuse, abuse, and overdose.
- Promote resiliency and advocacy for effective prevention and provide an opportunity to engage in peer support.