Have you recently joined a group in your community to help build awareness and address substance misuse? Are you unsure of how to structure the group conversation? Are you looking for guidance on how to prioritize your coalition efforts? Are you looking for ways to leverage your local resources for bigger solutions?
Through the Ohio Center for Coalition Excellence, Prevention Action Alliance provides communities and coalitions with training, consulting, and support to help them launch and enhance their substance abuse prevention efforts. The focus is on supporting and guiding group processes so that you and your community possess the knowledge, skills, and actionable plans to make an impact.
Every community has its own unique resources and needs. Our technical assistance will help you clarify your coalition goals, identify methods to organize and carry out your strategies, and work toward sustainable change in your community.
Sample topics and services include:
- On-site technical assistance and consultation from experienced professionals
- Assistance with the Strategic Prevention Framework process
- Organizing your community investigation and response
- Understanding community indicators and other data
- Building consensus among stakeholders
- Developing your logic model and next steps
- Selecting your prevention strategies
- Engaging youth in coalition efforts
- And more
Local coalitions of all sizes connect with and learn from other coalitions in Ohio through the Statewide Prevention Coalition Association. SPCA brings together substance abuse prevention organizations, coalitions, and professionals from across the state to network, share resources, and best practices, and collaborate to make Ohio a safer, healthier place.
To learn more or to schedule a training or consulting session, contact Director of Community Engagement Programs Rachael Kenter at (614) 540-9985, ext. 18 or RKenter@PreventionActionAlliance.org.