Cultural diversity, competence and humility is a foundational component to effective and impactful prevention services. COVID-19’s exposure of racial disparities in our nation’s health outcomes and the tragic killings of unarmed black men and women, as well as the recent violent attacks against Asians and Asian-Americans, have made equity, diversity, cultural competence and cultural humility the topic of conversations in communities across our country. The goal of the conference is to provide Ohio Prevention professionals and volunteers, community stakeholders and partners with a space to have conversations, be instructed and to share resources and information that can be utilized to build relationships, to have conversations and to enact change in their localities and personal lives.
May 7, 2021
- All applicants will be notified by email to the addresses provided on the application form.
- Once recipients are selected, the scholarship cannot be transferred to another individual within your coalition or organization if the original recipient is unable to attend.
- A scholarship awarded to one person in a coalition or organization does not mean everyone at who applied from that coalition or organization also will received a scholarship.
- A scholarship recipient must attend the entirety of the summit.
- Applications will be judged based on the written response provided at the bottom of the form on how the applicant will use the information gained by attending the 2021 PAAS on Racism.