Governor’s Emergency Education Relief Fund under the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act–Mental Health Coordination
Leading Campus-Community Partnerships for Behavioral Health and Mental Wellness Initiatives
The Ohio College Initiative (OCI) is a proud partner in a collaboration to support students and promote mental health and wellness across Ohio’s college and university campuses.
With the Rise and Thrive Campus-Community Partnerships, OCI will host a series of webinars through September of 2022. Participants will have the opportunity to engage with state and national experts through a series of webinars that promote campuses and communities working together. Throughout the series, you will learn how to build connections between students, staff and community providers that result in improved access to supportive higher education environments and services.
The webinar series will be at no cost to participants and continuing education (CE) hours will be offered. The Rise and Thrive Partnerships: Ohio Department of Mental Health and Addiction Services; PreventionFIRST!; the Ohio College Initiative, a program of Prevention Action Alliance; the Ohio Program for Campus Safety and Mental Health; the Higher Education Center for Alcohol and Drug Misuse Prevention and Recovery, and the Ohio University Voinovich School of Leadership and Public Service.
2021 Competitive Funding Opportunity
Congratulations to the awardees:
- Lakeland Community College
- University of Rio Grande
- Stark State College
- Cincinnati State
- Ohio University
- Marietta College
- Miami University
- Oberlin College and Conservatory
- University of Cincinnati
- The Ohio State University at Mansfield
- Shawnee State University
- Case Western Reserve University
- “Training COVID-19 Contact Tracers to Address College Student Mental Health and Substance Misuse-Related Risks,” March 24, 2021
- “COVID-19 and College University Staff: We Are Still Here. …What’s Next?” April 13, 2021
- “COVID-19 Vaccines: The Way Out of the Pandemic,” May 19, 2021
- “Funding Opportunity Q&A (Bidder’s Conference),” June 2, 2021
- “Student Accessibility to Mental Health Services,” October 13, 2021
- “Campus Cultural Competency: Understanding and Supports for Student Wellness,” November 10, 2021
- “Better Together: Leveraging Campus-Community Partnerships to Address Alcohol Harms,” December 08, 2021
- “Fostering Student/Community Engagement: The Johns Hopkins Community Liaison Program,” January 12, 2022
- “Student Accessibility and Mental Health Services: Leveraging a Relationship for Collaborative Advocacy (Virtual),” February 08, 2022
- “Facilitation as a Tool for Building Campus-Community Relations,” March 9, 2022
- “Facilitating Community Change: Translating Campus Community Partnerships to Broader Community Work,” April 13, 2022
Get News about Prevention
At Prevention Action Alliance, we believe that everyone has a role to play in prevention. Signing up for our newsletter is a small, first step on your path to prevention, whether you’re looking to learn more, get involved, or advocate for prevention. Get started on your prevention journey by signing up for news and information on preventing substance misuse and promoting mental health wellness.