Letter from the Executive Director
Last fiscal year (July 1, 2019 – June 30, 2020), Prevention Action Alliance strived to fulfill our mission of leading healthy communities in the prevention of substance misuse and the promotion of mental health wellness. Of course, the first half of 2020 presented unique and serious challenges to our nonprofit. We responded by creating digital educational resources for parents, teachers, and prevention professionals about parenting and prevention during the COVID-19 pandemic, and we transitioned the in-person We Are The Majority Rally to the Virtual We Are The Majority Rally and broadcasting that event to thousands of young people across Ohio.
Before COVID-19 upended how prevention services were delivered, we were able to provide more than 6,800 hours of Continuing Education to 3,185 people
In this report, you’ll find:
- Updates about our activities to raise awareness about substance misuse
- A report on how we educate families
- Information about our efforts to empower communities
- How we advocate for prevention across the state of Ohio
- A list of staff and our board of directors
- And our annual financial report
Thanks to the support of the Ohio Department of Mental Health & Addiction Services, our sponsors, and donors, we were able to educate families, empower communities, and advocate for prevention.
I thank you for your steadfast support for prevention.