Co-coordinates and supports events, activities, deliverables, and projects associated with the Ohio College Initiative, the Ohio Youth-led Prevention Network and other youth and young adult programs and services. Serves as a point-of-contact for consumers, partners, funders, grantees, and agency leadership.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists with the planning, implementation, and administration, of deliverables associated with the OYLPN Youth Council, the OYLPN Alumni Council and annual youth Rally.
- Assist with the planning, implementation, and administration, of deliverables associated with the Ohio College Initiative and other young adult/collegiate-based educational opportunities.
- Leads promotion and advertising of prevention projects through traditional, electronic, and social media messaging for OYLPN, Rally and OCI.
- Researches and writes regular newsletters geared toward youth and young adult networks for OYLPN and OCI network membership.
- Provides technical assistance and support to statewide partners, consumers, grantees, and funders.
- Assists in developing and presenting original youth-led programming material.
- Creates, manages, and maintains project tools, resources, records, and reports.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office, and web-based email software. Willingness to learn agency utilized web-based applications (SALSA, Adobe, Mondays, etc.)
Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Specialized Training (preferred)
- Experience working with high school and college-aged students.
- Experience with prevention science theories and practices.
- Experience in planning meetings, events, and activities.
- Experience in public speaking.
Certificates and Licenses
Ohio Certified Prevention Specialist (OCPS) or the ability to obtain within two years of date of hire.
Knowledge, Skills and Other Abilities
- Respectful and responsive customer service skills.
- High degree of professionalism.
- Effective and clear written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple tasks.
- Ability to travel within the state or out of the state on occasion.
- Flexible schedule: ability to work overnights and weekends on occasion.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands, and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Employees may negotiate a hybrid work from home/in office schedule.
Conditions of Employment
Note: The final applicant selected for this position will be required to pass a drug screening.
Salary Range: $45,000 – $55,000
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to Prevention Action Alliance via email to firstname.lastname@example.org