The Statewide Prevention Coalition Association strengthens Ohio’s prevention coalitions, professionals, and community champions with resources, technical assistance, training, networking opportunities, toolkits, and advocacy supports. SPCA is a network comprised of more than 60 community coalitions dedicated to preventing substance misuse and promoting mental health wellness. Together, we share solutions, support, and show solidarity with each other.
Prevention Action Alliance created the Statewide Prevention Coalition Association to provide a state infrastructure for substance misuse prevention coalitions and other groups. SPCA members retain their own identity while bringing their expertise and resources to other members in pursuit of common goals. SPCA members are often community coalitions, campus/college coalitions, local task forces, family engagement advocacy groups, and certified prevention agencies.
SPCA helps coalitions:
- Advocate for policies related to substance abuse prevention,
- Build and enhance their local collaborative capacity,
- And plan, implement, evaluate, and sustain prevention strategies within communities.
- July 16, 2019, 10:00 AM – 2:00 p.m., @ PAA
- September 17, 2019, 10:00 AM – 2:00 p.m., @ PAA
- November 19, 2019, 10:00 AM – 2:00 p.m., @PAA — Meeting cancelled.
- January 21, 2020, 10:00 AM – 2:00 p.m., @PAA — Register here!
- March 17, 2020, 10:00 AM – 2:00 p.m., @PAA
- May 19, 2020, 10:00 AM – 2:00 p.m., Location TBD
Unite for a Stronger Voice
We show solidarity by sharing your goals and working together to create environmental changes that foster safe, healthy, and drug-free lifestyles.
We support your efforts through collaboration, pooling our resources so we can better support each other, promote positive behavioral health outcomes, and prevent substance misuse.
We have the solutions to help you succeed. SPCA members develop and share effective strategies, initiatives, toolkits, and other ready-to-use materials that foster community engagement.
Joining SPCA grants you several benefits, including:
- Six annual SPCA meetings where members share lessons learned, strategies and practices, and learn from state and national experts in environmental prevention.
- Discounts on Prevention Action Alliance training and webinars to strengthen coalition infrastructure and enhance prevention effectiveness.
- Advocacy support for local and statewide change, including monthly webinars, legislative updates, and access to position papers.
- Regular SPCA E-News on upcoming training, events, and opportunities.
- Membership to Community Anti-Drug Coalitions of America (CADCA) at a reduced rate.
Want to Become a Member?
To learn more about SPCA or if you have questions about meetings or joining SPCA, contact Director of Community Engagement Programs Rachael Kenter at (614) 540-9985, ext. 18, or firstname.lastname@example.org.