The Statewide Prevention Coalition Association strengthens Ohio’s prevention coalitions, professionals, and community champions with resources, technical assistance, training, networking opportunities, tool kits and advocacy supports. SPCA is a network comprised of more than 60 community coalitions dedicated to preventing substance misuse and promoting mental health wellness. Together, we share solutions, support and show solidarity with each other.
Prevention Action Alliance created the Statewide Prevention Coalition Association to provide a state infrastructure for substance misuse prevention coalitions and other groups. SPCA members retain their own identity while bringing their expertise and resources to other members in pursuit of common goals. SPCA members are often community coalitions, campus/college coalitions, local task forces, family engagement advocacy groups and certified prevention agencies.
SPCA helps coalitions:
- Advocate for policies related to substance abuse prevention.
- Build and enhance their local collaborative capacity.
- And plan, implement, evaluate, and sustain prevention strategies within communities.
SPCA Members: Join Us for a Meeting
SPCA meetings are held on the third Tuesday of every other month from 10 a.m. to noon. Each meeting will include a training or skill-building session, as well as updates from state partners, such as OPPA, the Ohio Suicide Prevention Foundation, or the Problem Gambling Network of Ohio. Each meeting will provide two (2) hours of Continuing Education approved by the Ohio Chemical Dependency Professionals Board. CE domains will vary based on the session presented at that meeting.
This year, all meetings for fiscal year 2023 (July 1, 2022 – June 30, 2023) will offer virtual meetings until otherwise announced. Registration links will be provided SPCA newsletter before each meeting. Meetings will be held on:
- Remaining SPCA Meetings for FY23:
- January 17, 2023 10:00am – 12:00pm (Virtual)
- March 21, 2023 10:00am – 12:00pm (Virtual)
- May 16, 2023 10:00AM – 2:00PM at the Quest Conference Center, Westerville OH (Annual Meeting in person)
There are of course a number of benefits associated with SPCA membership, such as:
- Discounted CADCA Membership–Just for being a SPCA member you’ll receive a 10% savings on your CADCA membership and SPCA will pay 30% of your membership dues to CADCA—this nearly pays for your SPCA membership!
- Unlimited Roster–Each member coalition can have an unlimited number of members receive the SPCA newsletter, attend SPCA meetings and receive conference discounts.
- SPCA Meetings–Each year SPCA hosts six meetings that offer a variety of speakers and training opportunities, these meetings are only open to members and provide OCDP approved continuing education for prevention specialists.
- SPCA Newsletter–Each member receives regular newsletter updates highlighting training and funding opportunities, upcoming events, and other SPCA news.
- Conference Discounts–SPCA members will receive discounts to Prevention Action Alliance hosted conferences and events.
- Product Discounts–SPCA members will receive a 10% discount on Prevention Action Alliance products, such as Parents Who Host Lose the Most.
- Training Discounts–In addition to the training and technical assistance offered through SPCA, each member will receive 10% off custom on-site trainings for your coalition through the Matthew B. Schoonover Educational Center.
If you have any questions, please contact SPCA Coordinator James Syphax at firstname.lastname@example.org.
***Membership for FY23 is currently OPEN***
Unite for a Stronger Voice
We show solidarity by sharing your goals and working together to create environmental changes that foster safe, healthy, and drug-free lifestyles.
We support your efforts through collaboration, pooling our resources so we can better support each other, promote positive behavioral health outcomes, and prevent substance misuse.
We have the solutions to help you succeed. SPCA members develop and share effective strategies, initiatives, toolkits, and other ready-to-use materials that foster community engagement.
Joining SPCA grants you several benefits, including:
- Six annual SPCA meetings where members share lessons learned, strategies and practices, and learn from state and national experts in environmental prevention.
- Discounts on Prevention Action Alliance training and webinars to strengthen coalition infrastructure and enhance prevention effectiveness.
- Advocacy support for local and statewide change, including monthly webinars, legislative updates and access to position papers.
- Regular SPCA E-News on upcoming training, events and opportunities.
- Membership to Community Anti-Drug Coalitions of America (CADCA) at a reduced rate.
To learn more about SPCA or if you have questions about meetings or joining SPCA, contact us at 614-540-9985 or email email@example.com.