Strength in numbers. That’s what the Statewide Prevention Coalition Association is all about. SPCA brings together local coalitions, professionals, and community champions to strengthen substance misuse prevention efforts.
By bringing prevention coalitions and organizations of all sizes and makeups together, SPCA helps members maximize their resources, share their strengths, and foster solidarity, support, and solutions.
We meet on the third Tuesday of the month, on the odd months. Dates through 2018 are below. Our January meeting will take place at PAA headquarters, 6171 Huntley Road, Suite G, Columbus, OH 43229. Members can register for any SPCA meeting by emailing Connie Kristof at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- January 16, 2018 – 10 – 2:00 PM, General Membership, @ PAA
Topic: Project Management Tools and Practices
- March 20, 2018 – March 19-20 Coalitions Rising Conference (in lieu of membership meeting)
- March 21, 2018 – Joint Youth-Led/SPCA Legislative Day, @ Columbus Statehouse
- May 15, 2018 – 10 – 2:00 PM, Annual Meeting, Location TBA
- July 17, 2018, 10 – 2:00 PM, General Membership, @PAA
- September 18, 2018, 10 -2:00 PM, General Membership, @ PAA
- November 20, 2018, 10 – 2:00 PM, General Membership, @ PAA
Member benefits include:
- Six Statewide Prevention Coalition Association meetings that provide members the opportunity to share lessons learned, successes in strategies and practices, and interact with state and national experts in coalition development and environmental prevention.
- Discounts on Prevention Action Alliance training and webinars to strengthen coalition infrastructure and enhance prevention effectiveness.
- Advocacy support for local and statewide change, including monthly webinars, legislative updates, and access to position papers.
- Bi-weekly SPCA E-News on upcoming training, events, and opportunities.
- Access to online toolkits, sample action plans, and other templates to assist your coalition in implementing environmental prevention strategies and maintain coalition effectiveness.
- Membership to Community Anti-Drug Coalitions of America (CADCA) at a reduced rate.
Interested in becoming a member?
Please fill out the application by clicking here.
To learn more about SPCA, contact Director of Coalition Programs and Development Brittany Sandidge at (614) 540-9985, ext. 18 or BSandidge@PreventionActionAlliance.org.