The Statewide Prevention Coalition Association strengthens Ohio’s prevention coalitions, professionals, and community champions with resources, technical assistance, training, networking opportunities, toolkits, and advocacy supports. SPCA is a network comprised of more than 60 community coalitions dedicated to preventing substance misuse and promoting mental health wellness. Together, we share solutions, support, and show solidarity with each other.
Prevention Action Alliance created the Statewide Prevention Coalition Association to provide a state infrastructure for substance misuse prevention coalitions and other groups. SPCA members retain their own identity while bringing their expertise and resources to other members in pursuit of common goals. SPCA members are often community coalitions, campus/college coalitions, local task forces, family engagement advocacy groups, and certified prevention agencies.
SPCA helps coalitions:
- Advocate for policies related to substance abuse prevention,
- Build and enhance their local collaborative capacity,
- And plan, implement, evaluate, and sustain prevention strategies within communities.
SPCA Members: Join Us for a SPCA Meeting
SPCA meetings are held on the third Tuesday of every other month from 10 a.m. to noon. Each meeting will include a training or skill-building session as well as updates from state partners, such as ADAPAO, the Ohio Suicide Prevention Foundation, or the Problem Gambling Network of Ohio. Each meeting will provide 2 hours of Continuing Education approved by the Ohio Chemical Dependency Professionals Board. CE domains will vary based on the session presented at that meeting.
All meetings for fiscal year 2021 (July 1, 2020 – June 30, 2021) will be held virtually. Registration links will be provided on this webpage and in the SPCA newsletter a few weeks before each meeting. Meetings will be held on:
- August 18
- October 20
- December 15
- February 16
- April 20
- June 15
Find a SPCA Member Coalition Near You
Unite for a Stronger Voice
We show solidarity by sharing your goals and working together to create environmental changes that foster safe, healthy, and drug-free lifestyles.
We support your efforts through collaboration, pooling our resources so we can better support each other, promote positive behavioral health outcomes, and prevent substance misuse.
We have the solutions to help you succeed. SPCA members develop and share effective strategies, initiatives, toolkits, and other ready-to-use materials that foster community engagement.
Joining SPCA grants you several benefits, including:
- Six annual SPCA meetings where members share lessons learned, strategies and practices, and learn from state and national experts in environmental prevention.
- Discounts on Prevention Action Alliance training and webinars to strengthen coalition infrastructure and enhance prevention effectiveness.
- Advocacy support for local and statewide change, including monthly webinars, legislative updates, and access to position papers.
- Regular SPCA E-News on upcoming training, events, and opportunities.
- Membership to Community Anti-Drug Coalitions of America (CADCA) at a reduced rate.
To learn more about SPCA or if you have questions about meetings or joining SPCA, contact us at 614.540.9985 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.